Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

New Video for Artistcellar Blog, New Gelli Prints Too!

Hello again everyone! I know its been a while since my last post. Its been crazy busy plus some downtime for a cold/sinus thing. Doing much better now and wanted to share with you my latest post on the Artistcellar blog. You can also link directly to the video here.

Here are a few pics of my project in the video using Artistcellar Cathedral Series Stencils - LOVE!!! 

 I started with a layer of black gesso, then went a little crazy. 



 You'll have to watch the video (ha ha!) to see how I got this look within the stencil pattern! ;o)

 This is a close up of the Viva Decor 3D Gel in Hologram I used thru a stencil. I love this stuff and it really pops on the black gesso. The black actually looks brown on this shot due to the angle and the overspray of the Dylusions Inks

Using some Stewart Gill Gilding Chips here. Really cool stuff and tons of colors. You can buy this from Artistcellar

***************************

I've been up to some more gelli printing! If you decide to try it, please be prepared to seek help from a professional counselor! IT IS ADDICTING!!! You'll be in need of a 12 step program for sure, but what a way to go! So much fun. (If you decide you want to buy one anyway, check out The Queen's Ink if you're in the Maryland/DC area, or you can buy one directly from Gelli Arts

Here are a few of my latest prints using some of the newest Crafters Workshop stencils...

This one was a mop up of my dirty plate, but I love the way it came out. 

 This is a close up showing the detail that it picked up from previous prints. LOVE!!!










Quick post today! More coming soon, I promise! I've got some projects people have asked me to do including several canvases and some altered cigar boxes. I'll post pics of those as I go too. 

                                 ***************************

On another note, many of you know we lost my Dad in July of 2010. Today is his birthday. He would have been 88. Love you Daddy and miss you like crazy! 

 Me and my Daddy!

 Me and my Daddy 50+ years later! 

Handsome devil, wasn't he? ;o)

***************************

Now go have some fun and get all inky!!! 

14 comments:

  1. gorgeous gelli prints, especially the first one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Patti on your association with Artist Cellar. A perfect fit indeed. I love the way you used the stencils, Dylusions spray and gesso. What a gorgeous effect.

    I can't believe you've only been doing this a year. Am I allowed to hate you? Absolutely fantastic accomplishment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! You may hate me if you must! But notice that everything I do doesn't require a lot of talent. I couldn't draw a crooked line if I had to! I just really enjoy it and play A LOT! Thanks for stopping by and for the kind words (other than the 'hate' thing!) ;o) Hope you'll join my blog and my YouTube channel. More to come!

      Delete
  3. These are wonderful! I love the colors and textures in your cathedral piece. I need to get some black gesso... :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you must! You'll love it! Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. Yowza! These are gorgeous! And yes, I'm addicted too. Have been thinking of starting a support group...but pretty sure it would just turn in to a Gelli Plate printing party!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol! I'm way more interested in a printing party that a 12 step program! Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you'll join my blog and YouTube channel.

      Delete
  5. Hey Patti, the first stencil (after the Stewart Gill chips pic) is a StencilGirlProducts stencils. My design, not Crafters Workshop. Just sayin :)
    And I *love* the Cathedral piece. Beautiful.
    And yeah, we do need a 12 step program. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey all, Mary Beth is correction - that gorgeous circle stencil in black (first pic of the prints) is a Stencil Girl stencil. The sun print in that same pull is the Crafters Workshop new design. Trying to figure out how to edit a previous post to make this correction! Thanks for the heads up MB!

      And if you haven't checked out www.stencilgirl.com, you MUST check them out. If you love stencils like I do, you'll find gorgeous designs and lots of new ones all the time.

      Patti

      Delete
  6. These are gorgeous! thanks for showing these picture..Video in print

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was really fun watching your process - love how the spray inks create such a subtle tint in combination with gesso. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete