Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Odds & Ends

Hey peeps! First, I wanted to thank everyone that has joined my blog and my YouTube channel (Patti Parrish). My goal was to have 75 blog members by June  1st, and you've helped me exceed that goal in February! So my new goal is 100 followers by June 1st. I also want to thank everyone for their great comments and feedback. It really inspires me to keep doing more and more art. Thank you! 

I've been out sick this week, I haven't even been in my studio once, so that should tell you how crappy I've been feeling. I'm bored out of my skull, so I thought I'd throw together a quick post with some pics of some things I haven't yet shared on my blog. If you follow me on FaceBook, you may have seen some of these. Hope you enjoy them and you're not bored stiff! 

 This is a spread in my vintage ledger I use as an art journal. I challenged myself to use colors that are not in my usual palette of choice. I love earth tones but I rarely use them. 


 I used a lot of different 3D texture mediums in this spread. The snakeskin is Viva Decor Ferro in Orange thru a stencil. 


The chicken wire is Viva Decor Ferro in Graphite, and the sparkles you see in the lower right and throughout the page are Golden Mica Medium.

 Happy yellow background with pieces of "puke on a page", a la Dina Wakley, are used for the poppy pods and stems. 




You can't see it very clearly, but the white 'swoosh' on the pod is embellished with a Viva Decor 3D Pen in Hologram. You can catch bits of that here and there depending on the light. 

 This spread started out with a purple and turquoise paper napkin as the inspiration, you can see it in the background with the diamond pattern. 



  I love this hole-y tape - lots of texture. Fabric tape on top of that.

 

 This one was inspired by a paper bag that I got from The Queen's Ink. It was covered in the big leaf pattern in craft and white. 





 This is a canvas I did for a friend. One of four for that friend actually. 


 This is another one of the four. The other two were shown in a previous post. 
I love how happy this one looks with these colors. 






I recently got a Vagabond machine on www.overstock.com for about half price. Of course I had to play with it as soon as it came out of the box. Random samples of tags and cards I embossed and added some color with Distress Inks. 



 Clearly I need some practice on the inking part!















I did these tags a few months ago. I was experimenting with Dylusions and Ranger ColorWash spray inks with table salt. I really love the textures that developed as they dried. I added some metal rivets to some of them. 









 Gotta love turquoise and orange together! 


















I hope you enjoyed the pics. That's all I've got for now, but stay tuned for some more good Gelli Plate fun soon! Hint -- NEW STENCILS!!! ;o)

Until the next time...happy arting!

Patti 

23 comments:

  1. Patti,

    I love all your color combinations. These are fabulous...

    d

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the spray inks with salt, that produces some of the coolest looks. Also looks like you had a lot of fun with the ebossing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I sure did Stacie! I was embossing anything I could cram in that machine! Ha!

      Delete
  3. Oh Patti... what a 'fantabulous' post... your journal spreads are gorgeous... adore the earthy tones... love your canvases... and gorgeous embossed tags... really enjoyed your video with the note cards too... and now I really (want) need one of those envelope punches... amazing work...

    Jenny ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jenny! So glad you found me. Hope you'll join my blog and my YouTube channel. More to come soon! Stay tuned!

      Delete
    2. I am a new follower Patti... just a different pic to this one... and will follow with YouTube as well... I don't want to miss anything... so happy to have found you :)

      Delete
  4. so sorry you've be so sick, but the journal pages, canvases, and tags you shared are awesome! Hope you feel better soooooon! Love ya hon! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girlfriend, this too shall pass! Anti's have to start kicking in sooner or later! Hugs.

      Delete
  5. Hi, Patti! I'm a new follower and a new Gelli plate owner and I've loved watching your videos and visiting your blog! I am amazed at all the stuff you produce at one time!! My play time is limited, but I do love getting inky and messy. Thanks for your enthusiasm and inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joy, welcome - so glad you are here. Once you get the hang of gelli printing, you can do lots of prints in a short amount of time. That stack I showed in my video are almost all double sided and each have 3-4 layers on them. Doesn't take very long to come up with a pile of yumminess. Thanks for the nice comment and for stopping by. Hope you signed up for my blog and on my YouTube channel.

      Delete
  6. So much eye candy! Love the pages. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great journals and tags. Hope you are feeling better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katrina! I don't sound near as much like Barry White now, so I think I'm on the mend!

      Delete
  8. Wow Patti--the colors are fantastic! Love the embossed tags and the ones where you used table salt (will have to give that a try)! Hope you are feeling much better! Bette

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Bette! The salt thing is really fun. You can also use different salts like rock salt and kosher salt with larger grains for different effects. Have fun!

      Delete
  9. Hi Patti - your journal pages are gorgeous! especially the purple one... I was watching your most recent videos (the 2 parter) a few days ago. Did I hear you correctly that you do not clean the acrylic paint off of your stencils? If so, this is a revelation to me - I've been running to the sink every couple of pulls - the sink isn't that far away so not a great hardship, but still... do you find that the paint builds up or de-grades the stencil in any way?

    I have just had a 2 day gelli plate play date with myself (I'm retired so have lots of free days). I just could not stop! I thought of you many times while I was playing - what would Patti do here...?? thanks so much for all of the inspiration!

    Sorry that you have been under the weather - hope you are on the mend and planning more videos for us.

    Oh - I almost forgot - the reason for my 2 day gelli plate party was that I recieved my first istencils in the mail! I got 6 of them and love love love them!! Already planning to order more - I've got to have that fan stencil that you use.

    blessings, melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. p.s. I noticed that my comment was posted at 4:17 am - actually I am on the west coast - so its just 1:17 here... I did contemplate staying up all night printing - that way those other people (my family) will be out of my way.

      Delete
    2. Melanie - thanks so much for the nice note. That's great that you can set that much time to the side to play with the gelli plate. You'll have a huge stack of prints like mine after that! What do you plan to do with them?

      The gelli plate is really addicting! One of my followers suggested they put some sort of chemical in them to get you hooked! ha! Many a late night I'm saying to myself - OK this is crazy, but just one more, just one more!

      I LOVE stencils and have amassed quite a collection of all brands. The layers of paint haven't interfered with the use of my stencils at all, in fact, it kind of makes them feel more sturdy. I have had one peel off some layers on a print, but that actually made a really cool print. I think I showed that in one of my videos.

      So happy you are enjoying my posts and my videos. More to come for sure!

      Hugs,

      Patti

      Delete
    3. Hi again - I use gelli prints for my journal backgrounds (I work in a big spiral bound book so I can just paste an entire print onto a page). Also, I printed a bunch of deli papers and book pages which I use for collage material. But many of my prints need another layer - I've got alot of prints which I don't 'love' yet.

      I wanted to mention a technique I have not seen you do - I use a piece of cardstock to clean off my brayer each time and I end up with beautiful colors in a kind of grid pattern - so after a while I use this brayer clean-up page on the gelli plate and print on top of it - these all turned out beautiful - some of my best prints. I would include a photo here - but don't know how...

      take care Patti!

      Delete
  10. Truly beautiful journal pages, so very inspiring. x

    ReplyDelete