I've been out sick this week, I haven't even been in my studio once, so that should tell you how crappy I've been feeling. I'm bored out of my skull, so I thought I'd throw together a quick post with some pics of some things I haven't yet shared on my blog. If you follow me on FaceBook, you may have seen some of these. Hope you enjoy them and you're not bored stiff!
This is a spread in my vintage ledger I use as an art journal. I challenged myself to use colors that are not in my usual palette of choice. I love earth tones but I rarely use them.
I used a lot of different 3D texture mediums in this spread. The snakeskin is Viva Decor Ferro in Orange thru a stencil.
The chicken wire is Viva Decor Ferro in Graphite, and the sparkles you see in the lower right and throughout the page are Golden Mica Medium.
Happy yellow background with pieces of "puke on a page", a la Dina Wakley, are used for the poppy pods and stems.
You can't see it very clearly, but the white 'swoosh' on the pod is embellished with a Viva Decor 3D Pen in Hologram. You can catch bits of that here and there depending on the light.
This spread started out with a purple and turquoise paper napkin as the inspiration, you can see it in the background with the diamond pattern.
I love this hole-y tape - lots of texture. Fabric tape on top of that.
This one was inspired by a paper bag that I got from The Queen's Ink. It was covered in the big leaf pattern in craft and white.
This is a canvas I did for a friend. One of four for that friend actually.
This is another one of the four. The other two were shown in a previous post.
I love how happy this one looks with these colors.
I recently got a Vagabond machine on www.overstock.com for about half price. Of course I had to play with it as soon as it came out of the box. Random samples of tags and cards I embossed and added some color with Distress Inks.
Clearly I need some practice on the inking part!
I did these tags a few months ago. I was experimenting with Dylusions and Ranger ColorWash spray inks with table salt. I really love the textures that developed as they dried. I added some metal rivets to some of them.
Gotta love turquoise and orange together!
I hope you enjoyed the pics. That's all I've got for now, but stay tuned for some more good Gelli Plate fun soon! Hint -- NEW STENCILS!!! ;o)
Until the next time...happy arting!