Pages

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

My First Week as a Stencil Designer! Thank you!

Hi all! 

I wanted to take a minute and express my sincere appreciation for everyone that placed an order for my new designs for Patti Tolley Parrish Stencils at www.iStencils.com. The launch was a complete success and exceeded my expectations thanks to all of you who continue to support me in my artistic adventure. Thank you doesn't seem sufficient. I am truly humbled. 

I would love to see what you all are doing with my stencils. I wanted to extend an invitation for you to send me some pics of your work using my stencil designs to feature on my blog and FaceBook art page, Inky Obsessions. If you are interested, please leave me a message on this post and I'll give you my email address for the pics. 

My latest project -- last summer our friend Jeff had me paint two large canvases for his townhouse he's decorating. Now he's asking me for three smaller pieces with similar colors. This is the first of three:



 So fun to use my own stencil designs in my work now. Above is the Infinity stencil. 

 And this one is the Circle Infinity. I used Viva Decor Modeling Paste in Pearl White thru my stencils to get this look. 


This is the second of the three requested pieces, but between you and me, I don't think Jeff will ever see this one hanging on his wall. I really love how it turned out. Funny how sometimes one particular piece just speaks to you. This one is it: 

This is a collage and painted canvas. I've used several of my painted papers that you may recognize from previous videos, as well as one of Ellen Vargo's new stamps from PaperArtsy. Not surprisingly they are just as fabulous as she is! If you don't follow her blog, you should really check it out. She recently did her first demo videos for her gig as a guest designer for PaperArtsy, she's a natural. 




 These are a couple Instagrams I posted of close-ups with filters. Love! 


So looks like this weekend will consist of making two more pieces for Jeff! (Shhhh -- don't tell him!)

Happy Arting! 

Patti 

9 comments:

  1. LoL I have post up showing some of favs from the Gelli Session I had on the 15th After I got my order. Just put together my Gelli Plate'N notebook. See smarter already
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie - send me a link to your post please. I'd love to see what you did.

      Delete
  2. I haven't had time to play yet but I have to say the stencils are wonderful. I am in love with your beautiful stencils and the works you share here. Great sense of design and composition. Something I am trying to learn. My design style is chaos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Dee for your continued support. I really appreciate it. I'd love to see what you do when you get a chance to play. Sometimes chaos is just right.

      Delete
  3. I was so pleased to be able to watch your stream of the new launch stencils live as I was on holiday in Salt Lake City at the time. And although I really, really love your new released I didn't get any due to the customs charged we get stung with in the UK if ordering items from US. I really hope a UK retailer spots them and decides to sell them to the UK market as I'm sure there are loads of crafters over here who would jump at the chance to own some.

    On a good note, the PA Ellen Vargo stamps are much easier to get hold of and I am already the proud owner of EEV01 & EEV03.

    Sam xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sam. Don't you just love Ellen's stamps? I ended up getting all four sets from Paper Artsy. I know iStencils ships very reasonably overseas. I've not heard anyone say anything about duty and I don't know how that part works. I know several viewers from the UK have ordered, but I'm not sure of the circumstances. If you have a local retailer you think would be interested, please forward me their info and I'll have iStencils speak with them about it. Thanks for the note.

      Delete
  4. Hi Patti--I've used your Infinity stencil to do a page in my art journal last week. Send me your email and I'll send you a pic!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Katy! Its ptolleyp@gmail.com. Thanks! Can't wait to see it.

      Delete
  5. Hi Patti,

    Greetings from the Netherlands! I wanted to say I've recently discovered your youtube videos and your blog and I love them! Even my mom who is'nt in to art enjoys watching them with me. I wanted to send you a more private message about how your story and personality are very inspiring to me but I do'nt know how to do that and I'm not sure you apreciate private messages?

    Thanks again,

    Shanti from Holland

    ReplyDelete